- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs separated
- 3 T. sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1½ c. flour
- In a mixer, blend the ricotta, milk, olive oil, lemon extract, egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Add salt, baking powder, lemon zest and flour and blend.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the egg whites to the batter, folding gently.
- Drop the batter onto a hot griddle, flipping when they begin to bubble.
- Serve hot off the griddle or keep them warm in a 250°F. oven until ready to serve.
- Mix fresh blueberries with pure maple syrup and simmer for 10 minutes for an extra yummy extra treat!
- Serves 4.