- 1 and 3/4 C. flour
- 3 T. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/3 C. butter
- 1/2 C. craisins (chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, etc. – optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ C. milk or half and half
- 1 egg, slightly beaten to brush on top
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine first four ingredients. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in one egg and milk so dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Add optional ingredient.
- Knead in bowl ten times until dough comes together.
- Pat into two 5 to 6″ circles and slice like a pie into 6 wedges.
- Place the individual wedges on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then brush the tops with the other slightly beaten egg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and ice with glaze
- Glaze: Mix together ½ C. 10X sugar and 1-2 T. milk or orange juice.
Note: Make the dough ahead of time, pat into circles and freeze until ready to use. Thaw at room temp, cut into wedges, brush with egg and bake as directed.