- 1/4 C. oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 qt. Ragu sauce
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. sandwich pepperoni, sliced
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 1 12 oz. carton cottage cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 lb. grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 C. Rotini pasta
- 2 C. Rigatoni pasta
- 2 C. small pasta shells
- In a medium sauce pan, simmer the first 7 ingredients for one hour. When using larger pepperoni slices, cut in half or quarters. Combine the cottage cheese, egg, and mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the 6 total cups of pasta and cook until done; then drain water.
- Into a greased large casserole dish, make 2 layers each of the pasta, cheeses, and sauce in this order. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes.