- 1 c. ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 1 T. honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar (Use a white flavored balsamic, I use a strawberry balsamic)
- 1 T. dark brown sugar
- 1 lb. Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Basil
- Mix ricotta, honey and vanilla in food processor until the ricotta is smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small sauce pan, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cook for three minutes.
- Once cooled completely gently stir in the strawberries and basil.
- Layer the strawberries and ricotta into four glasses and serve immediately.
- Garnish with addition basil.