- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 ¼ c. half & half
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. pure almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large fresh croissants
- Whisk together the eggs, yolks and granulated sugar in a small baking dish until smooth.
- Whisk in half & half, vanilla, almond extract and salt.
- Heat butter over medium heat until it begins to shimmer.
- Cut croissants in half and dip into the custard for 10 seconds. (do not over soak, they will fall apart! Learn from my mistakes)
- Carefully add to the pan cut side down and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Flip and cook until the bottom is crisp and golden brown too.
- You can serve hot out of the pan or keep them warm in a 250 °F. oven until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with almond butter syrup and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar.